19 de gen. 2015

Informal Letter

Pepita Roca
Plaça Escoles, s/n
13th January 2012


Dear Terry,
First of all, I would like to apologize for not having written before. The truth is that I’ve been very busy lately with my final exams and I’ve hardly had  any time to write a single word.


I miss so much all the days I spent skiing with you and your  friends.  I would like to thank you all for all your patience and determination to teach me to ski. I admit I found it quite hard at the beginning but once I got the hang of it, the slopes didn’t look so steep. No doubt I would like to come back next year and share some good moments with you again.
By the way, why don’t you come to stay with me by the end of July?  I will have already finished my temporary job at the supermarket and  I’ll be free to do some sightseeing with you and, why not? Teach you a little bit of Catalan. Think about it, it would be fantastic.


OK, Terry, that’s all for now. I must start to do my homework in a minute.
Take care and write soon.
Best regards,
Pepita 


P.S. I include some pictures of my last trip to Montmaneu. I’m sure they will make you jealous.
____________________________________________________________________________


Task.

Inviting a friend
You are studying English at a private language school attended by many international students. You are planning a surprise birthday party for a friend who has been feeling particularly sad and homesick. Write to another classmate and invite him / her to the party. In your letter:

  • explain the reason for the party
  • give the date and time of the party
  • suggest what the classmate could bring to the party.